Director of Nursing Facility - Loyalton - Full Time - Amazing Benefits
Department: Skilled/Long Term Nursing
Position Summary: Oversite of all aspects of the Skilled Nursing Department, including staff scheduling, maintaining quality of resident care, activities, assessment and interactions with the nursing staff. The DON ensures that the facility is compliant with federal CMS guidelines for participation and Title 22 regulations.
Maintain a work schedule for LVNs and CNAs who work in the SNF area. Maintains staffing levels consistent with budget, and in accordance with the hospital policies, state and federal guidelines, and resident care needs.
Complete annual employee performance evaluations.
Assure licensure, certifications, and competency testing for all SNF employees is current. Assist DSD in providing orientation and in-service training as needed.
Assure resident care services are compliant with accrediting and regulating agency standards.
- Communicate with Physicians about resident care, monthly progress reports, monthly pharmacy reviews, annual resident history and physical requirements.
- Be present during state licensing surveys and available.
- Revise and update SNF policies and procedures consistent with regulatory and professional standards of practice.
- Assure Quality assurance with monthly reports to QA, IP, Board of Directors.
- Covers staffing shortages as needed to provide optimal patient care.
- Attending Management Committee meetings, Minimum Data Set Meetings, Patient Care Conferences.
- Oversite of DSD for in-servicing staff on new equipment and supplies.
Position Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Current Registered Nursing licensure in the State of California
- Previous skilled nursing management experience, preferably 1 year
- Have working knowledge of Title 22, OBRA and HCFA regulations.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs for occasions when working floor
- Must be able to perform direct patient care activities
- Working Relationships
- The DON has contact with residents, nursing staff, families of residents, the general public, other hospital staff, physicians, the pharmacist, state health agencies
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 11/10/2022