The Dietary Aid assists the dietary cook with the preparations of meals for long term care residents and acute care patients. The Aid must be able to follow directions to ensure that meals are served at the appropriate times, and take responsibility to ensure that all assignments are completed at the end of work shift.
Follows all duties and responsibilities as outlined on work sheet.
- Assists the cook with preparation of meal trays to patients.
- Ensures that hair is covered with an effective hair restraint at all times while on duty.
- Use good hand-washing techniques when beginning work, between handling of dirty dishes or equipment and handling food, dishes or utensils, after toilet use, after break, between handling cook and uncooked food.
- Store away all received supplies in appropriate places.
- Clean all areas listed on work sheet.(see attached)
- Ensures that food handling gloves are worn when handling any food that is going directly to the patient.
- Maintains a good working relationship with co-workers for overall efficiency of the department.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: (Include Education, Certifications, Physical Capacities, Equipment Used, Specific Skills)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The following education or combination of education and experience are required for the position:
Education and Experience:
- Prior hospital dietary service experience is preferred but not required for this position.
Must be willing to follow all directions given and follow all regulations as mandated by State and Federal law.
The duties that follow are the responsibility of the dietary employee are the following:
- Cleans all accumulated dishes from night shift.
- Run the dishwasher.
- Prepare waters, coffee, ect. For breakfast and lunch trays.
- Assist the cook with breakfast and lunch trays.
- Take completed cart to acute wing.
- Take completed cart to the Long Term dining room.
- Clean and process all dirty dishes.
- Wash down cart.
- Set up trays for preceding meal.
- Prepare salad dressing, Jello, pudding, etc., and date.
- Fill containers of salt, pepper, sugar, etc.
- Wipe down surfaces on freezer, refrigerators, microwave, doors, walk-in,and serving area.
- Assist with the rotation of all products, cleaning of freezers and walk-ins.
Additional Duties and responsibilities:
- Put away all produce and products in appropriate place.
- Prepare waters, coffee, etc., for patient trays
- Assist evening cook with dinner trays.
- Clean and process all evening dishes.
- Clean and restock residents’ refrigerators.
- Clean and restock resident salt, pepper, sugar, etc. containers.
- Wash down shelves.
- Clean coffee machine.
- Clean dishwasher.
- Mop and sanitize floors.
- Assist with the rotation of all products, cleaning of freezers and walk-in.
- Take and prepare cart to acute wing.
- Take prepared cart to Long Term dining room.
- Wipe down surfaces on freezers, refrigerators, microwave, serving area and doors.
- Prepare evening snacks.
- Set up trays for next day breakfast.
- Turn off all related equipment and lights, lock all doors before leaving.
Job Status: Full Time, Part Time
Job Reference #: 6/26/18