Dietary Aide - Per Diem, Loyalton
Eastern Plumas Health Care is a small, non-profit, critical access hospital district, providing comprehensive medical services to Plumas County since 1971. We operate a 9 bed acute care hospital at our main Portola campus, which includes a 24 hour, physician staffed, emergency room and ambulance service. In addition, four primary care medical clinics and a dental clinic offer residents a full spectrum of health care services in the Graeagle, Loyalton, and Portola communities. There are also hospital-based Skilled Nursing Facilities in Portola and Loyalton.
We are seeking a qualified dietary aide to join our Loyalton team. This is a per diem position requiring at least 2 shifts per month.
The Dietary Aid assists the dietary cook with the preparations of meals for long term care residents and acute care patients. The Aid must be able to follow directions to ensure that meals are served at the appropriate times, and take responsibility to ensure that all assignments are completed at the end of work shift. Maintain sanitary conditions of the department at all times.
- Assists the cook with preparation of meal trays to patients.
- Ensures that hair is covered with an effective hair restraint at all times while on duty.
- Use good hand-washing techniques when beginning work, between handling of dirty dishes or equipment and handling food, dishes or utensils, after toilet use, after break, between handling cook and uncooked food.
- Store away all received supplies in appropriate places.
- Clean all areas listed on work sheet.(see attached)
- Ensures that food handling gloves are worn when handling any food that is going directly to the patient.
- Maintains a good working relationship with co-workers for overall efficiency of the department.
Skills / Requirements
- Prior hospital dietary service experience is preferred but not required for this position.
- Must be willing to follow all directions given and follow all regulations as mandated by State and Federal law.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- California Food Handler Card (or obtain one within 10 days of employment)
- Must be able to work nights, weekends, and some holidays
- Ability to lift up to 40lbs frequently .
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 4.2.20