Dietary Aide-Full Time, Per Diem
Eastern Plumas Health Care is a small, non-profit, critical access hospital district, providing comprehensive medical services to Plumas County since 1971. We operate a 9 bed acute care hospital at our main Portola campus, which includes a 24 hour, physician staffed, emergency room and ambulance service. In addition, four primary care medical clinics and a dental clinic offer residents a full spectrum of health care services in the Graeagle, Loyalton, and Portola communities. There are also hospital-based Skilled Nursing Facilities in Portola and Loyalton.
Full time and per diem positions available.
The Dietary Aid assists the dietary cook with the preparations of meals for long term care residents and acute care patients. The Aid must be able to follow directions to ensure that meals are served at the appropriate times, and take responsibility to ensure that all assignments are completed at the end of work shift.
- Morning and evening shift.
- Assists the cook with preparation of meals for patients and staff in accordance with all state and federal regulations.
- Maintains safe and sanitary conditions of the department at all times
- Use good hand-washing techniques when beginning work, between handling of dirty dishes or equipment and handling food, dishes or utensils, after toilet use, after break, between handling cook and uncooked food.
- Store away all received supplies in appropriate places.
- Clean all areas listed on work sheet.(see attached)
- Ensures that food handling gloves are worn when handling any food that is going directly to the patient.
- Maintains a good working relationship with co-workers for overall efficiency of the department.
Skills / Requirements
Education and Experience:
- Must have current, valid CA Food Handler Card
- Must be willing to work occasional weekends and holidays.
- Ability to lift 40 lbs.
- Ability to perform all functions of the job including standing for long periods of time.
- Prior hospital dietary service experience is preferred but not required for this position
Must be willing to follow all directions given and follow all regulations as mandated by State and Federal law.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 05/10/2019