Desktop Support Technician- Full-time
Eastern Plumas Health Care is a non-profit, critical access hospital district, providing comprehensive medical services to Plumas County since 1971. We operate a 9 bed acute care hospital at our main Portola campus, which includes a 24 hour, physician staffed, emergency room and ambulance service. In addition, four primary care medical clinics and a dental clinic offer residents a full spectrum of health care services in the Graeagle, Loyalton, and Portola communities. There are also hospital-based Skilled Nursing Facilities in Portola and Loyalton.
Surrounded by the Sierra Nevada Mountains with beautiful lakes and trails for hiking, biking, fishing and skiing, this facility is thriving and wants a highly motivated, innovative and experienced technician.
This position requires a systematic mindset and keen aptitude for troubleshooting problems to complete his or her job function of deploying, maintaining and repairing various technologies. The individual MUST have a penchant for the IT industry and desires to learn both at work and outside of work to benefit him or herself.
1. Deliver customer service excellence each and every day
2. Repair computers systems
3. Reload operating systems
4. Virus and malware removal
5. On-premise technical support
1. Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
2. Understanding of computer operating systems and Intel based hardware
3. Ability to work on multiple projects with high quality results
4. Ability to document workflow and processes flawlessly
5. Ability to remain calm under pressure, while working in a focused manner
6. Teamwork and accountability.
1. Comp TIA A+ Certification
2. Able to explain technical issues in a way that is clear and understandable to non-technical people
3. Comfortable with computer hardware setup, repair and maintenance; including installation and configuration of hard drives, memory, printers, and other accessories
4. Experience supporting a variety of standard business software, including Microsoft Office 2013/2016/2019
5. Experience with healthcare specific software is a plus
6. Proficient with Windows 10 operating system.
Additional Special Requirements: Ability to sit for periods up to 3.5 hours. Ability to lift, carry and push up to 35 lbs.
Vision in both eyes for computer work and ability to see colors for wiring. Hearing ability for monitoring computer audio functions. Ability to bend at waist and use of both hands.