Dental Registration Clerk- Full time
Eastern Plumas Health Care is a small, non-profit, critical access hospital district, providing comprehensive medical services to Plumas County since 1971. We operate a 9 bed acute care hospital at our main Portola campus, which includes a 24 hour, physician staffed, emergency room and ambulance service.
In addition, we have 3 primary care medical clinics and a state-of-the-art dental clinic offering our community a full spectrum of health care services in the Graeagle, Loyalton, and Portola communities. There are also hospital-based Skilled Nursing Facilities in Portola and Loyalton.
Surrounded by the Sierra Nevada Mountains with beautiful lakes and trails for hiking, biking, fishing and skiing, this facility is thriving and needs a highly motivated dental registration clerk to join our team!
We are currently searching for a person with excellent customer service skill and computer skills, and has some background in medical or dental office experience. The Dental Registration position plays a key role in the efficiency and success of the dental office. This is a full time benefited position, the scheduled hours are Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The position may have to cover occasional Friday shifts. The successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal communication, and organizational skills. We are willing to train the right candidate!
- Scheduling dental appointments
- Answering and directing incoming phone calls
- Verifying patients' dental insurance and coverage
- Explaining patients' dental insurance benefits, share of costs, co-pays, and patient responsibilities
- Prepare the dental charts for the daily patient schedule
- Work closely with the Dentist and Dental Hygienist regarding the daily schedule and have the ability to adjust the daily schedule as patients cancel, no-show, or adapt for walk-in patients.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2 years of customer service experience
- At least one year dental or medical office experience preferred
- Ability to communicate efficiently, both verbally and in writing
- Excellent phone etiquette
- Ability to maintain patient confidentiality and privacy
- Competitive benefits, for a full listing, please visit: https://jobs.ephc.org/benefits
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: DE5.23.19