Dental Hygienist- Part time - DOE
Here's an exciting opportunity to be an integral part of the successful growth of our rural hospital by providing your expertise in our state-of-the-art Dental Clinic.
Surrounded by the Sierra Nevada Mountains with beautiful lakes and trails for hiking, biking, fishing and skiing, this facility is thriving and wants a highly motivated, innovative and experienced dental assistant to work alongside our on-site dentist to provide excellent care to our community.
We are looking for a skilled dental hygienist to join our team of health professionals. We offer a flexible schedule with1 hour lunch.
- 1 patient per hour
- Administers prophylactic treatment by the scaling and polishing of teeth.
- Documents area of existing restorations and notable areas of possible decay and disease for dentist's review. When appropriate, may call in dentist for immediate consultation.
- Takes x-rays to determine extent of any decay and disease.
- Administers fluoride treatment as needed.
- Updates medical history of patient, highlighting significant information for dentist's review.
- Instructs patients in oral hygiene technique, answering patient questions and providing other educational information relevant to oral hygiene.
- Practices universal precautions and other sterilization and infection control procedures and maintains equipment.
- Provides associated administrative support, including maintaining patient documentation, patient communication and other record-keeping.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Current Ca RDH license
- 2+ years of experience
- Dental X-Ray certified
- CPR certified
Pay: $55 to $60/hour
Starting wage is based on previous experience.
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 10/13/2022