Dental Assistant/Registered Dental Assistant
Per Diem opening
The Dental Assistant is responsible for assisting the Dentist(s), providing high quality dental care for Eastern Plumas Health Care dental clinic patients, work as directed by the dentist, and provide basic supportive duties. Basic supportive dental procedures are those that have technically elementary characteristics, are completely reversible, and are unlikely to precipitate potentially hazardous conditions for the patient being treated. The supervising licensed dentist shall be responsible for determining the competency of the dental assistant to perform the basic supportive dental procedures. The incumbent is responsible for stellar customer service and providing answers to patient questions according to their guidelines of practice as outlined in the California Codes, Regulations, and Standards for the Dental Assistant. Other duties as assigned.
- Performs general chair-side duties in accordance with the basic supportive procedures and approval by the supervising licensed dentist.
- Prepares and maintains dental instruments, supplies, and equipment. Is responsible for sterilizing dental instruments and equipment for each patient.
- Hands instruments and other materials to the dentist during procedures.
- Uses suction and swabs to keep patients’ mouths clear and dry during procedures.
- Operates radiography equipment for the purpose of oral radiography. Performs intraoral and extraoral photography.
- Organizes, restocks, and keeps the operatory, lab, sterilization area, and x-ray areas clean and orderly.
- Maintains inventory control and management of supplies within established budgets.
- Schedules recommended service maintenance in collaboration with the Clinical Director or Clinical Supervisor.
Interpret basic patient needs.
High school diploma or GED. 1-2 years of medical or clinical experience preferred.
Command of the English language and able to communicate clearly to callers, visitors, patients, and all other staff members.
Must have Radiology training and license.
Understanding of HIPPA and confidentiality issues as they relate to patient documents and communications.
The Dental Assistant shall practice in accordance with the Dental Practices Act for the State of CA.
Pay: $13.89 to $16.32/hour
Salary for RDA is $16.92 to $19.88 DOE
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 100219