Dental Assistant/Registered Dental Assistant/ Sterilization Tech- Per Diem
Eastern Plumas Health Care is a small, non-profit, critical access hospital district, providing comprehensive medical services to Plumas County since 1971. We operate a 9 bed acute care hospital at our main Portola campus, which includes a 24 hour, physician staffed, emergency room and ambulance service. There are also hospital-based Skilled Nursing Facilities in Portola and Loyalton. In addition, three primary care medical clinics and a state of the art new dental clinic offer our community a full spectrum of health care services in the Plumas County.
Surrounded by the Sierra Nevada Mountains with beautiful lakes and trails for hiking, biking, fishing and skiing, this facility is thriving and wants a highly motivated DA/RDA to provide excellent care to our community members. It’s an exciting opportunity to be an integral part of the successful growth this clinic is experiencing by providing expertise in our Portola Dental Clinic.
All persons working in a healthcare setting in California are required to have the COVID-19 vaccine. We offer the vaccine free of charge as part of your new hire process
Our dental clinic sees patients Monday-Thursday. This is a per-diem position requiring at least 2 shifts per month, with an opportunity for possible additional shifts.
The Dental Assistant is responsible for assisting the Dentist(s), providing high quality dental care for Eastern Plumas Health Care dental clinic patients, work as directed by the dentist, and provide basic supportive duties. Basic supportive dental procedures are those that have technical elementary characteristics, are completely reversible, and are unlikely to precipitate potentially hazardous conditions for the patient being treated. The incumbent is responsible for stellar customer service and providing answers to patient questions according to their guidelines of practice as outlined in the California Codes, Regulations, and Standards for the Dental Assistant. Other duties as assigned.
- Performs general chair-side duties in accordance with the basic supportive procedures and approval by the supervising licensed dentist.
- Prepares and maintains dental instruments, supplies, and equipment. Is responsible for sterilizing dental instruments and equipment for each patient.
- Hands instruments and other materials to the dentist during procedures.
- Uses suction and swabs to keep patients’ mouths clear and dry during procedures.
- Operates radiography equipment for the purpose of oral radiography. Performs intraoral and extraoral photography.
- Organizes, restocks, and keeps the operatory, lab, sterilization area, and x-ray areas clean and orderly.
- Maintains inventory control and management of supplies within established budgets.
- Schedules recommended service maintenance in collaboration with the Clinical Director or Clinical Supervisor.
- Interpret basic patient needs.
- High school diploma or GED. 1-2 years of medical or clinical experience preferred.
- Command of the English language and able to communicate clearly to callers, visitors, patients, and all other staff members.
- Must have Radiology training and license.
- Understanding of HIPPA and confidentiality issues as they relate to patient documents and communications.
- The Dental Assistant shall practice in accordance with the Dental Practices Act for the State of CA.
Job Status: Full Time,Part Time,On Call
Job Reference #: 100219