Clinical Laboratory Scientist- Per Diem
Eastern Plumas Health Care is a small, non-profit, critical access hospital district, providing comprehensive medical services to Plumas County since 1971. We operate a nine bed acute care hospital at our main Portola campus, which includes a 24 hour, physician staffed, emergency room and ambulance service. In addition, four primary care medical clinics and a dental clinic offer residents a full spectrum of health care services in the Graeagle, Greenville, Loyalton, and Portola communities. There are also hospital-based Skilled Nursing Facilities in Portola and Loyalton. The hospital district serves over 10,000 permanent residents living in small communities scattered throughout Plumas and Sierra Counties.
We are currently searching for a Clinical Lab Scientist to fill a full-time, benefited position. Will work varying shifts and share on-call, in our hospital laboratory.
Requirements include current California Clinical Lab Scientist license and CPR certification. Familiarity with the Siemens, Clinitek, and Micro-Scan equipment a plus.
- Process or place specimens on laboratory instrumentation in accordance with established policy and procedures.
- Perform laboratory procedures across a broad range of assays in accordance with standards established in the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA).
- Process specimens, conduct testing, and report test results with constant attention to detail and excellence in quality.
- Operate laboratory instruments and equipment. Trouble shoot and problem solve with laboratory instrumentation and assay systems as needed.
- Monitor and perform preventative maintenance as required for machine performance.
- Keep meticulous and organized records of specimens, tests, instrument logs, and technical analyses.
- Identify problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results and either correct the problems or immediately notify supervisors.
- Conduct and document appropriate quality control and assurance procedures. Assist with quality assurance and performance improvement activities.
- Some phlebotomy will be required as our laboratory is a small team-oriented department. This position works closely with Acute, Emergency, and Long Term Care departments.
- Demonstrate good telephone etiquette and be able to greet patients and other visitors in a polite and friendly manner.
Pay: $39.03 to $45.87/hour
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 10/28/19