Clinical Lab Scientist - 5k Signing Bonus - Full Time - Benefits
Need a reason to relocate or pursue a career at new hospital? If you are, we offer a generous relocation package and/or sign on bonus!!! You would receive a 5k Sign On Bonus to be paid in 3 installments over 6 months. Relocation Bonus will be determined.
Surrounded by the Sierra Nevada Mountains with beautiful lakes and trails for hiking, biking, fishing, and skiing, this facility is thriving and is looking for a highly motivated Clinical Lab Scientist to fill a full-time position and provide excellent care to our community. It’s an exciting opportunity to be an integral part of the successful growth this rural hospital is experiencing, while maintaining your health through our comprehensive and competitive benefits. Our generous relocation package is magnified by the beauty of our rural community, and our sign on bonus is paid out over the course of 3-12 months.
Eastern Plumas Health Care is a small, non-profit, critical access hospital, providing comprehensive medical services to Plumas County since 1971. We operate an acute care hospital at our main Portola campus, which includes a 24-hour, physician staffed, emergency room and ambulance service. In addition, four primary care medical clinics and a dental clinic offer residents a full spectrum of health care services in the Graeagle, Greenville, Loyalton, and Portola communities. There are also hospital-based Skilled Nursing Facilities in Portola and Loyalton.
We are currently searching for a Clinical Lab Scientist to fill a full-time, benefited position. We are offering a generous sign-on bonus ($10K) to join our great team!
You will work varying shifts and share on-call in our hospital laboratory. Requirements include current California Clinical Lab Scientist license and CPR certification. Familiarity with the Siemens, Clinitek, and Micro-Scan equipment is a plus. Benefits include: Health, Vision, Dental insurance, paid, holidays, paid time off, 403b, and many more perks!
Job duties will include and or all of the following duties:
- Process or place specimens on laboratory instrumentation in accordance with established policy and procedures.
- Perform laboratory procedures across a broad range of assays in accordance with standards established in the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA).
- Process specimens, conduct testing, and report test results with constant attention to detail and excellence in quality.
- Operate laboratory instruments and equipment. Trouble shoot and problem solve with laboratory instrumentation and assay systems as needed.
- Monitor and perform preventative maintenance as required for machine performance.
- Keep meticulous and organized records of specimens, tests, instrument logs, and technical analyses.
- Identify problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results and either correct the problems or immediately notify supervisors.
- Conduct and document appropriate quality control and assurance procedures.
- Assist with quality assurance and performance improvement activities.
- Phlebotomy is preferred as our laboratory is a small team-oriented department.
- This position works closely with Acute, Emergency, and Long Term Care departments.
- Demonstrate good telephone etiquette and be able to greet patients and other visitors in a polite and friendly manner.
- Must have a bachelor's degree in a related field
- 2-4 years' experience in the medical field
- Must possess and maintain a CLS in the State of California
- Must be CPR and BLS certified.
- Must have the physical strength to be able to maneuver, bend, and lift
- Must be able to work cooperatively and communicate effectively with other staff members
- Computer Literacy
Pay: $50 to $70/hour
5k Signing Bonus, Full Time, Benefits
Job Status: Full Time