Clinical Informatics Specialist, RN- Information Technology
Eastern Plumas Health Care is a small, non-profit, critical access hospital district, providing comprehensive medical services to Plumas County since 1971. We operate a 9 bed acute care hospital at our main Portola campus, which includes a 24 hour, physician staffed, emergency room and ambulance service. In addition, four primary care medical clinics and a dental clinic offer residents a full spectrum of health care services in the Graeagle, Loyalton, and Portola communities. There are also hospital-based Skilled Nursing Facilities in Portola and Loyalton.
Surrounded by the Sierra Nevada Mountains with beautiful lakes and trails for hiking, biking, fishing and skiing, this facility is thriving and needs a highly motivated Informatics RN to join our team!
The Clinical Informatics Analyst (CIA) is responsible for participating in the planning, development, training, implementation, optimization, evaluation, and orientation of Electronic Medical Records (EMR), and other applications related to the patient experience. The CIA is responsible for facilitating communication from the clinical end users across the patient care departments while working collaboratively and directly with the vendors and the IT Department. The CIA works to optimize the clinical design to meet the needs of EMR end users, including physicians, nurses, respiratory care practitioners, ancillary, clinical and administrative staff. The CIA assures regulatory requirements are implemented and maintained in the EMR as well as clinical best practices for documentation. T
The CIA is an on-site resource for clinical staff and providers. This position provides a physician liaison role for IT. The CIA establishes teamwork through appropriate deployment of process, technical, and human resources in collaboration with the IT Department, Department managers, and staff.
Requires a minimum of two years RN experience, with a preference in acute care in clinical nursing.
- Prefer experience with health information systems and clinical informatics.
- Provides a level of leadership and communication for the department that is consistent with the expectations of the organization.
- Demonstrates professionalism, respect, and accountability for proper performance of assigned duties, and to the principles of the organization Mission and Values Statement.
- Constantly strive for excellence in all aspects of assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Able to follow the hospital’s HIPAA policies and maintain all other information in confidence.
- Demonstrates knowledge of clinical processes to improve efficiency and patient care, preferably in conjunction with the implementation of a EMR.
- Must have the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships and to interact positively and productively with teams across all departments including the ability to work with and gain the respect of physicians.
- Must have experience with technology and software.
- Proven attention to detail.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office and Windows.
- Must be able to demonstrate well developed and proven organizational, problem solving, analytical, customer service and oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to function in a dynamic environment subject to impromptu changes in schedules and priorities
- Able to maintain a global perspective and see impacts and results beyond the traditional organizational walls (departments, services, geographic location)
- Functions as a change agent- is not threatened or intimidated by change and uncertainty
- Works successfully in a team environment
- Displays strong initiative- can establish personal goals and take responsibility for meeting them within defined timelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Status: Full Time