Certified Wound Nurse - Per Diem
Eastern Plumas Health Care is a small, non-profit, critical access hospital district, providing comprehensive medical services to Plumas County since 1971. We operate a 9 bed acute care hospital at our main Portola campus, which includes a 24 hour, physician staffed, emergency room and ambulance service. In addition, four primary care medical clinics and a dental clinic offer residents a full spectrum of health care services in the Graeagle, Loyalton, and Portola communities. There are also hospital-based Skilled Nursing Facilities in Portola and Loyalton.
The Certified Wound Nurse evaluates, makes recommendations and provides education where needed in the care of wound/ostomies based on evidence based practice, while considering the physiological, psychological, safety, learning and self-care needs of patients and families.
- This nurse will be contacted for wound/ostomy care consultations. He/she will evaluate and make recommendations for interventions and a plan of wound care. He/she will communicate these to the nursing staff, the physician(s) and any other involved care providers.
- He/She will document all consultations, assessments, recommendations and interventions.
- Notifies the appropriate department manager of any unusual problems regarding the patient’s condition.
- He/she notifies the appropriate department manager of any unusual problems regarding the patient’s condition.
- This nurse will be available to cross-train in the care of wounds/ostomies. He/she will also be available when education in wound/ostomy care is indicated for patients, family and/or caregivers.
- He/She will assist with quality improvement and clinical education activities related to wound and skin care.
- He/she will maintain and expand his/her professional competence by participating in continuing education and other appropriate learning experiences.
- He/she understands his/her effect on others through attendance, promptness, appearance and language.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of California.
- Certified Wound Care Nurse (CWCN)
- Dependability and maturity demonstrated by commitment to patient/resident needs and by reliability to scheduled time.
Job Status: Part Time,On Call
Job Reference #: 11.15.19