Acute LVN - Per Diem
Eastern Plumas Health Care is a small, non-profit, critical access hospital district, providing comprehensive medical services to Plumas County since 1971. We operate a 9 bed acute care hospital at our main Portola campus, which includes a 24 hour, physician staffed, emergency room and ambulance service. In addition, four primary care medical clinics and a dental clinic offer residents a full spectrum of health care services in the Graeagle, Greenville, Loyalton, and Portola communities. There are also hospital-based Skilled Nursing Facilities in Portola and Loyalton.
EPHC currently has a Per-Diem, non benefited LVN position open. This position will direct patient care on the acute floor under the direction of a Registered Nurse and ER Physician/Hospitalist on staff. Current CA license, IV and BLS certifications are required. Day shifts with some weekends and holidays. Position responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Assesses the patients on admission and reassesses as per unit protocol as well as when conditions change. Documents appropriately including EMR documentation and paper charting under the supervision of a Registered Nurse.
- Assesses the patient’s condition and nursing needs, initiates care plans appropriately based on the assessment.
- Assess and reassess pain and pain management techniques utilized. Educates the resident and family regarding pain management.
- Documents changes in patient’s condition and nursing care on progress notes and care plan.
- Cares for patients in a manner that is conducive to their safety and comfort
- Meets current documentation standards and policies.
- Notifies physician of changes in patient’s condition and follows through until appropriate action is taken.
- Notes and carries out physician’s orders in a timely manner.
- Adheres to the instructions issued by the Acute and ER RNs
- Gives a thorough report to oncoming shift informing them of all changes in conditions and follow-up needed.
- Follows through as needed on information given by shift report, patient or family regarding resident concerns.
- Implements plan of care of the patient based on assessments and goals established by the interdisciplinary care team.
- Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity. Identifies and addresses psychosocial, cultural, ethic and religious/spiritual needs of residents and their families. Cares for patients in a manner conducive to their safety and comfort.
- Supervises CNAs as needed to accomplish the plan of care which has been developed.
- Demonstrates competence in technical and manual skills according to scope of practice for LVNs.
- Functions as a patient advocate by protecting the resident’s rights.
- Administers medications using the six “rights” and performs treatments safely.
- Records all vital signs, I&O and hourly rounding on EMR
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills in solving problems and looking at situations in new and innovative ways.
- Passes dietary trays, ensures correct diet orders being followed and feeds ill patients as needed.
- Assists in ER as needed, after paramedics have left, under the supervision and direction of the ER RN.
- Provides care of patients on isolation unit following all IC procedures.
- Interacts with patients, families, co-workers, managers and other departmental personnel in an empathetic, knowledgeable and friendly manner.
- Participates in orientation of new personnel and assists in performance evaluations when needed.
- Follows proper infection control procedures and supervises supportive staff in infection control procedures.
- Attends in-service training programs related to the job. Attends 100% of Licensed Staff Meetings.
- Actively participates in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement activities.
- Keeps in confidence any information learned concerning patients and hospital personnel.
- Adheres to dress code, appearance is neat and clean. Reports to work on time and as scheduled, completes work within designated time. Wears identification while on duty.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 3/05/2019