Acute/Emergency Department Supervisor, Registered Nurse
Eastern Plumas Health Care is a small, non-profit, critical access hospital district, providing comprehensive medical services to Plumas County since 1971. We operate a 9 bed acute care hospital at our main Portola campus, which includes a 24 hour, physician staffed, emergency room and ambulance service. In addition, four primary care medical clinics and a dental clinic offer residents a full spectrum of health care services in the Graeagle, Greenville, Loyalton, and Portola communities. There are also hospital-based Skilled Nursing Facilities in Portola and Loyalton. The hospital district serves over 10,000 permanent residents living in small communities scattered throughout Plumas and Sierra Counties.
We currently have an opening for a RN Supervisor for our Acute and Emergency Departments. This position oversees daily operations on the Acute and Emergency Departments This is a non-exempt position that will split time between taking 12-hour Acute and Emergency Department shifts and administrative duties. Will share administrative on-call rotation for emergencies and to meet staffing requirements.
Minimum qualifications for the position include:
- California RN License
- Current CPR, ACLS, PALS certifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing preferred or combination of supervisory experience
- Knowledge of Nursing principals and scope of practice
- Knowledge of California governing bodies (is: Title 8, Title 22, regulations for CAHs)
- Minimum of three years direct patient care experience in Acute/ER within the last 3 years
Core position responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform and report QI audits for areas under their authority
- Will act as primary liaison with State and Federal regulatory agencies.
- Share Administrative on-call shifts, nights and weekends
- Must be able to and prepared to work on the floor at any time during regular shift or as needed for breaking nursing staff for lunches, sick calls, etc.
- Case Management/ Utilization Review/Discharge Planning
- Policy and procedure upkeep and additions
- Clinical resource for nursing staff
- Manage nursing staff, scheduling, assist with performance reviews, staff meetings, recruit, hire, train, etc
- Staff development and annual competency testing
- Member of the following committees: P&T, Infection Control, EOCC, Management Conference, EMR, Nursing Leadership
- Works in conjunction with other department heads to ensure smooth operations
- Works closely with MD’s on patient care and appropriate admissions, rounds with MD daily to ensure IP still qualify to stay (part of case management process)
- Responds to all codes while on shift
- Must be able to lift/move up to 50 lbs.
Benefits Include: Working in a beautiful location! Health, Vision, Dental insurance, paid time off, paid sick leave, retirement planning with employer matching, tuition reimbursement, and supplemental AFLAC options.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: iamgwAPv4M