Activities Assistant - Per Diem
Eastern Plumas Health Care is a small, non-profit, critical access hospital district, providing comprehensive medical services to Plumas County since 1971. We operate a 9 bed acute care hospital at our main Portola campus, which includes a 24 hour, physician staffed, emergency room and ambulance service. In addition, four primary care medical clinics and a dental clinic offer residents a full spectrum of health care services in the Graeagle, Loyalton, and Portola communities. There are also hospital-based Skilled Nursing Facilities in Portola and Loyalton.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and empathetic Activities Assistant to work with our Skilled Nursing Facilities on a per diem (on-call) basis. The primary function of this position is to assist in the planning, implementation and carrying out of activities of the Skilled Nursing Facility residents.
This position will be responsible for activities in both the Portola and Loyalton campus, and requires some weekends.
- To provide weekend and holiday coverage in Activities, and relief coverage in the absence of the Activity Coordinator. To also provide additional coverage for special events and outings.
- To implement fully the daily activity program as indicated on the activity calendar.
- To document in the individual resident’s charts the daily activities of each resident.
- Assist with outings and other activities as needed.
- May be a C.N.A. but not required.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- An interest in and ability to work in a caring, patient manner with the elderly, prior patient care experience in an extended care facility or hospital is helpful.
- Must be able to work well with staff and to maintain a professional attitude.
- Must be able to reach and write accurately and relate information concisely.
- Dependability and maturity demonstrated by commitment to patient/ resident needs and by reliability to scheduled time.
- Must be able to physically assist with patient transfers and moving residents in wheel chairs.
- Must be able to lift Oxygen tanks and Wheelchairs with assistance during outings along with other physical duties that may be required.
- To be CPR certified within 6 months of hire.