Activities Assistant - Per Diem
Eastern Plumas Health Care is a small, non-profit, critical access hospital district, providing comprehensive medical services to Plumas County since 1971. We operate a 9 bed acute care hospital at our main Portola campus, which includes a 24 hour, physician staffed, emergency room and ambulance service. In addition, four primary care medical clinics and a dental clinic offer residents a full spectrum of health care services in the Graeagle, Loyalton, and Portola communities. There are also hospital-based Skilled Nursing Facilities in Portola and Loyalton.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and empathetic Activities Assistant to work with our Skilled Nursing Facilities on a per diem (on-call) basis. The primary function of this position is to assist in the planning, implementation and carrying out of activities of the Skilled Nursing Facility residents.
- To provide weekend and holiday coverage in Activities, and relief coverage in the absence of the Activity Coordinator. To also provide additional coverage for special events and outings.
- To implement fully the daily activity program as indicated on the activity calendar.
- To document in the individual resident’s charts the daily activities of each resident.
- Assist with outings and other activities as needed.
- May be a C.N.A. but not required.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- An interest in and ability to work in a caring, patient manner with the elderly, prior patient care experience in an extended care facility or hospital is helpful.
- Must be able to work well with staff and to maintain a professional attitude.
- Must be able to reach and write accurately and relate information concisely.
- Dependability and maturity demonstrated by commitment to patient/ resident needs and by reliability to scheduled time.
- Must be able to physically assist with patient transfers and moving residents in wheel chairs.
- Must be able to lift Oxygen tanks and Wheelchairs with assistance during outings along with other physical duties that may be required.
- To be CPR certified within 6 months of hire.
Job Status: On Call
Job Reference #: 11.13.19