Accounts Payable Clerk
This position is open for applications until June 30, 2018.
We have a part time, non-benefited in the District's Finance department. The perfect candidate will be highly motivated, organized and attentive. The position will be roughly twenty hours per week. This will be a non-exempt position, and the hourly rate will be determined by commensurate qualifications and experience.
The Accounts Payable Clerk performs specific accounts payable duties for the District. This includes data entry into Accounts Payable module, vendor reconciliation, and communication with vendors. Principal responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Opens Accounts Payable daily mail, compiles, and distributes. Enters and files Accounts Payable documents weekly.
- Reconciles taxable activities and prepares sales tax returns.
- Prepares vendor payments biweekly or as directed by the Controller or CFO.
- Assists the Finance Department with monthly accounting procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The following education or combination of education and experience are required for the position:
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- At least two years of experience in an accounts payable, and or finance-related business.
- At least one year of customer service experience, preferably in an office setting.
- Excellent attention to detail and numbers.
- Finance related mathematics skills.
- 10-key calculator skills.
- Excellent customer service and phone etiquette required to work with vendors and employees.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and self-direct.
PHYSICAL CAPACITIES/EQUIPMENT OPERATED:
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds, and push up to 50 pounds (on wheels)
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
- Able to operate general office equipment, including personal computers, fax, telephone, 10-key adding machine.
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: FIN06.1.18